Tuesday, March 16, 2004

The day Ambilogic stood still

So we didn't take the test this morning. Or after lunch. Or at 3:00. Which were all plans that were suggested by the trainer. Each time we'd sit down and review. And review again. And review again. But by 3:30pm the room was set up and everyone felt that either they were ready, or they were as ready as they ever were going to be.

In the past, I've always taken the test in a room by my self, or maybe with someone else finishing up as I started off. Let me tell you, 10 people in a room, all starting and stopping at (roughly) the same time adds a new level to the phrase "you could cut the tension in the room with a knife". I know it's a cliche, but it was really really true.

And this is one of the easy tests.

When all was said and done, I passed with a score of 892 out of 1000, although one of the guys got a perfect score and it was only 932. It's Microsoft. Go figure.

I have to say that Ambilogic's system is great. The combination of the in-class lectures, the manual and their custom "preptest" program is amazing. By the time I had answered question 3 on the real exam, I realized I was totally prepared.

At this point in the day, we're not starting a new subject (actually, people are still testing as I type this). Once everyone is finished, the owners are taking us all out to dinner in town (some rib place, I believe), and we'll get back to work on teh 290 test (Windows 2003 server) tomorrow.

No comments: