Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yes, it's big. Get over it.

A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to buy any laptop I wanted (within reason.) My thought was that I wanted something larger than a 15.x" screen, so that put me in the 17.x" camp.

I work with a great VAR so I just bounced ideas off him, along with a few models I had found.

He responded that he had a laptop that had 1Gb more than my choice, and 100Gb more disk. It was only $100 more. Was I interested? Of course I was.

It was, he told me, a little bigger than 17" as well.


The Toshiba Qosmio G55-804 is 18.4" to be exact. Big enough that you can't fit it into most standard laptop bags. But it still fits under the seat when you are taking a flight.

I actually like this laptop a lot. It's got a great screen, good keyboard and it runs well under Ubuntu.

What I *don't* like about it is that everyone feels obligated to comment on it. There are guys at work who have - I'm not making this up - said something about it every time they have seen it. For over a year now.

It's a laptop, people. It's just a laptop.

No comments: